Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Halloween & developments




This was the first Halloween that Sofia was old enough to enjoy, and enjoy it she did! Now a week later she's still asking to put on her costume and go trick-or-treating. We went around the neighborhood with the Kinker family - Jack and Ben and mom Hollie. It was good for me - Hollie's a good role model as far as mothering goes. I would have just told Sofia to say 'trick-or-treat' and 'thank you' - but Hollie (how wise is she!) told the kids to look everyone in the eye when they speak to them! So, by the end of the evening, Sofia was looking each person in the eye, saying her trick-or-treat and thank you, and then bye-bye with a wave, all on her own! I'm probably biased, but I think that makes her a child prodigy. So, here is a family picture from Halloween (check out Sofia's cute bumble-bee costume and Liam's little pumpkin outfit!), a picture of Sofia with Jack and Ben Kinker.

Poor Liam had an ear infection for Halloween. The doctor put him on amoxicillin - I had some issues with that, but how am I supposed to know what's best - but the ear infection never really cleared up. So now, we saw the doctor again yesterday and Liam's on a new antibiotic. This antibiotic cost us $100! I'm not even sure that he should be on antibiotics for the ear infections. But the information out there is so confusing! I re-iterated that I don't want him on medicine unless we're sure that it's necessary, and the doc said it was. And since I do like this doctor (the one who told me Liam had a big head, and by the so does mom), I'll take his word for it. Liam does seem a little better today than he was yesterday. So, stats on the kids:
Liam: 20 lbs 7 oz
Sofia: 25 lbs 2 oz
(notice - less than 5 lbs difference between them!)


No comments: