Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Fare

The challenge: to make a last minute tasty appetizer to bring along to a last minute Super Bowl party without having to make the dreaded trip to the grocery store in sub-freezing temperatures. It took some creativity, but I was successful! I did pizzetta triangles from the Pampered Chef Season's Best cookbook, and created my own pizza dip to go along with it. Here are the recipes:

Pizzetta Triangles
Based on what I remember from the Pampered Chef Season's Best cookbook

Ingredients
1 package refrigerated pizza crust
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS pizza seasoning
handful of Italian cheese of some sort (parmesan, mozzarella, asiago - something like that)

Roll out the pizza crust, spread with olive oil, sprinkle the seasoning and cheese over the top. Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter, then bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until golden.

Pepperoni Pizza Dip
my very own creation

Ingredients
Whole head of roasted garlic
1 can condensed cream of tomato soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup prepared mashed potatoes (I used instant, prepared with water)
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
handful of turkey pepperoni slices, diced
1 TBS pizza seasoning
1 tsp seasoned salt

Roast head of garlic (cut off the end of the head but leave cloves unpeeled, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and roast in 400 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, then squeeze the garlic out of the cloves). Mix all ingredients together (with roasted garlic), bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until warm.

Yum! My disclaimer - I don't measure anything, so all measurements are estimations.

I can't wait to show up at the Super Bowl Party with my yummy pizza appetizer!

6 comments:

Mella said...

Sounds yummy - how'd they go over at the party?

(I see your link to a Romanian blog - Vorbesti Romaneste?)

Kathy said...

It went over incredibly well! Good food! Yum!

Si da, vorbesc romaneste. Ai trait acolo?

Mella said...

Da! Am fost in Sigisoara...dar, cred ca m-am uitat prea mult!

So, I'm a tad rusty...better at speaking than writing it too. =)

Kathy said...

Sighisoara este atit de frumoasa! Am fost acolo pentru vacanta - eu am trait in Chisinau (Republica Moldova). Vorbim si limba romana si engleza acasa, deci copiii mei inteleg ambi. Cele bune!

Mella said...

That's so cool that you speak both Romanian and English at home. It's been years since I was there, but I still catch myself sliding into it on occasion, and my husband can understand some. I dream of going back - someday...Mi-e dor de Sighisoara.

Kathy said...

Mella you inspired me to post the video above - I figure as long as there's someone else reading this who'd understand it...