Friday, March 16, 2007

And the boxing gloves come out

We've consulted an attorney. This toxic mold thing has gotten pretty bad. The company that was doing the remediation was unlicensed, uninsured, and they sent some hack to my house who further contaminated the rest of the house. They made the problem worse. It's been a battle. But I've learned things about myself. Things like...
  • I negotiate better on the phone - it's easier when I don't have to look into the other person's eyes.
  • My Romanian is good enough to understand someone's trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
  • It's not good enough to argue well in my own defense.
  • I have different personalities when I speak different languages. I think it has to do with level of confidence.
  • I'm more assertive and more thorough when it directly involves my kids. I'll pull out the boxing gloves in their defense.
  • My hubby and I do a good good-cop bad-cop role. He's the good cop. A nice, quiet good cop. I'm the bad cop. My (former) contractor avoids me because of it.
  • I can research just about anything.
  • My (former) contractor (just fired) thinks I know too much about toxic mold. I think I still have lots to learn.
  • I really can trust my gut feeling. I should do it more often.

No comments: