Thursday, March 01, 2007

Stuff

I admit it, I'm attached to my stuff. I like my house (I'd like it more if my kitchen countertops were granite...), I'd have a love affair with my car if it would love me back, I think my kids' playroom is awesome, and I think my piano is rock-on cool.

So the thought of making a Big Life Decision that would compromise my stuff makes me pretty unhappy. I know it shouldn't. After all, you can't take it with you, right? But geez, I want to enjoy it! And more than that, I shouldn't be so concerned about my materialistic junk (though it really isn't junk). There are higher things to set my mind on, and let's face it, where your treasure is there your heart will be also. But man! I like my stuff! I don't want to walk away from it all. Gosh darn those Big Life Decisions! I've gotta get over this attachment to stuff, but I'd rather do it on my timeline, not necessarily right now.

No comments: